The UUA Green Sanctuary Program provides congregations a path to examine their environmental impacts and work towards more sustainable practices. The program has 4 focus areas: Environmental Justice, Worship and Celebration, Religious Education and Sustainable Living.
The UUCP Green Sanctuary committee was established in 2012 and we’ve been sponsoring activies to increase our, the congregation’s and our communities environmental and sustatinablity knowldege and actions. We are also working toward certification as a Green Sanctuary congregation.
Upcoming activities for 2015:
• Reading and discussion of Green Papers #1-4 (Feb. and March)
Worship and Celebration:
• Circle Suppers hosted by GSC members (March)
• Green Sanctuary Service ( summer)
• Walk/Bike/Carpool to Church – Every Sunday in April.
• Seed planting with RE childern (March)
• UUCP Community Garden (planting in May, maintenance and harvest throughout the summer and fall)
• Enhancing and maintaining the Native Plant Sanctuary at the Church (May through Nov.)
• Showings of the movies “Food Stamped” and “Bidder 70” (April)
GSC Mission: In wonder and awe of the natural world, we seek to transform ourselves and our communities in order to help heal our planet.